Requirements for application to be registered on the Military Veterans Database as well as for updating of details of those already registered
- Military Veterans Database Form
- Additional dependants
- Reporting a death
- Updating contact details
The Directorate Beneficiary Support Services requires the following documents to be submitted in respect of application for new registration and for existing members to update their details on the military veterans’ database. Documents can be emailed, posted or delivered at our physical address.
Whether for updating or new application the following must be submitted:
- Original Military Veterans Database Form dated and signed
- Certified copies (not older than 3 months) of:
- Applicant ID Document (If applicant is deceased, his death certificate)
- Spouse ID Document
- Marriage Certificate (As per the regulations: "spouse" means a person who is the spouse or partner of a military veteran in accordance with the Marriage Act, 1961 (Act No. 25 of 1961), the Recognition of Customary Marriages Act, 1998 (Act No. 120 of 1998), or the Civil Union Act, 2006 (Act No. 17 of 2006), or the tenets of any Asiatic religion, and "spousal relationship" has a corresponding meaning;)
- Cohabitation Agreement notarised by an Attorney registered with the Law Society of South Africa.
- Children’s Unabridged Birth Certificates containing both parents’ full details. (Even for children above 18-ID Holders)
- If it is the military veteran’s children but their surnames differ submit Unabridged Birth Certificate containing both parents’ full details or the DNA results
- If member deceased and never married but had and child out of wedlock submit Unabridged Birth Certificate containing both parents’ full details or the DNA results
- If the children are not the member’s biological children but they are under his/her care they need to submit a Guardianship Confirmation or Adoption Order from court.
- Proof of dependence for children older than 18 years (i.e. confirmation of full time studies) if child is disabled and cannot study or work, confirmation of disability by a registered Healthcare Practitioner.
- Drivers licence
- Proof of Residence
- Educational qualifications
- Proof of registration and tax clearance certificate if veteran has a business
- NB: No cellphone image copies will be accepted. Ensure your copies are clear and can be read.
Only New Applications must be accompanied by PERSOL Printouts:
- EPN01 — If ID Number on your ID Book differs from the one on EPN01, also submit a confirmation letter from the Department of Home Affairs.
- EPG14 — If your Service period is not clear on EPG14 or it does not reflect, also submit a complete Service Record from the SANDF Archives (see below).
- EPC01 — If your discharge reason on EPC01 is “Dishonorable Discharge” or “Discharge with Ignominy”, also submit your Charge Sheet (DD28).
- EPN10 — If you are from MK, APLA or TBVC and your Former Force does not reflect correct, also submit your Service Certificate from Association.
Enquiries and information:
Private Bag X943
328 Festival Street
In cases where a Certificate of Service is required, it must be obtained from the SANDF’s Documentation Centre (World War 2, TBVC Not Integrated, SADF (where required):
42 Saturnus Road
Cnr Nellmapius & van Rhyneveld Ave