Military Veterans Database Application
Applications to be registered onto the Military Veterans Database have been closed until further notice. We apologise for the inconvenience.
- Military Veterans Database Application Form
- Reporting a death
- Updating Contact Details
Requirements for application to be registered on the Military Veterans Database as well as for updating of details of those already registered
As of 1 April 2016, the Directorate Beneficiary Support Services requires the following documents to be submitted in respect of application for new registration and for existing members to update their details on the military veterans’ database.
Documents can be posted or delivered at our physical address. No emailed or faxed documents will be accepted.
Each Military Veterans’ Information Form whether for updating or new application should be accompanied by:
- Original Military Veterans’ Information Form dated and signed
- Certified copies (not older than 3 months) of:
- Applicant ID Document (If applicant is deceased, his death certificate)
- Spouse ID Document
- Marriage Certificate (As per the regulations: “spouse” means a person who is the spouse or partner of a military veteran in accordance with the Marriage Act, 1961 (Act No. 25 of 1961), the Recognition of Customary Marriages Act, 1998 (Act No. 120 of 1998), or the Civil Union Act, 2006 (Act No. 17 of 2006), or the tenets of any Asiatic religion, and “spousal relationship” has a corresponding meaning;)
- Children’s Birth Certificates/ID Document.
- If it is the military veteran’s children but their surnames differ submit Unabridged Birth Certificate or Affidavit from both parents and also including the ID documents (or death certificate where applicable).
- If the children are not the member’s biological children but they are under his/her care they need to submit a confirmation from court and in the absence of the court document, a report from a registered Social Worker.
- If member deceased and child out of wedlock living with mother never married to father, the deceased members’ family (at least 3 family members) to also confirm the relation per affidavit and other proof.
- Drivers licence
- Proof of Residence
- Educational qualifications
- Proof of registration and tax clearance certificate if veteran has a business
New applications must be accompanied by PERSOL Printouts:
Original Stamped Printouts from the Persol System (can be obtained from any SANDF unit with a Duty Room):
- EPN01 – If last digits of ID differs from current ID document an explanatory affidavit to be attached