PART 1: CONDITIONS
- Applications for 2018 open on 01 August 2017 and close on 30 September 2017.
(No late applications will be accepted)
- Only eligible Military Veterans and Dependants registered on the DMV Database will be considered for education support. (No Applications will be considered if applicants are not registered on the Military Veterans Database by date of application)
- NB: Only fully completed and signed application forms will be considered. Incomplete applications will be disqualified. (e.g. Information omitted or required supporting documents are not attached)
- Each dependant must have an application form completed (If more than one dependant is applied for)
- Approval of applications will be subject to the availability of budget at the DMV, as well as the verification of the Military Veteran’s income with SARS or any other authorised State entity, as there is a huge demand for the education benefit not congruent with the budget.
PART 2: REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Please attach the following documents to the application:
Certified copies of:
- Military Veteran’s identity document/Death certificate if veteran is deceased.
- Applicant’s identity document.
- ID copy of parent/Guardian if applicant is not a Military Veteran.
- Latest school report or statement of results
- Military Veteran /Guardian proof of employment and income — Latest salary advice.
- If unemployed an affidavit stating the Military Veteran/guardian employment status.( 3 months bank statement to be provided still)
- Military Veteran/Guardian 3 months bank statements.(Recent)
- If dependant’s surname is different to the military veteran, an affidavit stating the reasons.
- Letter of Acceptance or proof of registration at the institution for 2018.
- Proof of Residence (original)