(1) A military veteran qualifies for a public transport subsidy if he or she:
- (a) is not employed and receives a pension from the State; or
- (b) is employed and has an annual income of less than R125 000.
(2) A military veteran who meets the criteria in subregulation (1) qualifies for a 100% transport subsidy when using public transport within the Republic.
(3) The Department may, on application in accordance with regulation 19, issue an appropriate card or voucher acceptable to public transport operators in the Republic to a military veteran who meets the criteria for subsidised public transport in subregulation (1).